Office Complaints Regulation
Article 1 definition of terms
In this office complaints regulation the following terms have the following meaning:
- complaint: every written expression of displeasure from or on behalf of the client in respect of the lawyer or the persons working under his responsibility about the formation and the execution of a contract for services, the quality of the service or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Counsel Act;
- complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
- complaints official: the lawyer who is charged with handling the complaint;
Article 2 scope of application
- This office complaints regulation applies to every contract for services between Borsboom & Hamm N.V. and the client.
- Every lawyer of Borsboom & Hamm N.V takes care of complaint settlement in conformity with the office complaints regulation.
Article 3 objectives
This office complaints regulation has the following objective:
- establishing a procedure to handle complaints of clients within a reasonable term and in a constructive manner;
- establishing a procedure to establish the causes of client’s complaints;
- preserving and improving existing relationships by means of a proper complaint handling;
- to train employees in responding to complaints in a client-focussed manner;
- improving the quality of the service provision by means of handling complains and complaint analysis.
Article 4 information upon commencement service provision
- This office complaints regulation is published. Before concluding the contract for services, the lawyer points out to the client that the office uses a complaints regulation and that it applies to the service provision.
- Borsboom & Hamm N.V. has included via the general terms and conditions at which independent party or instance a complaint that has not been solved after it was handled can be submitted in order to obtain a binding judgment and has made this known with the order confirmation.
- Complaints as referred to in article 1 of this office complaints regulation that were not solved after they were handled are submitted to the District Court in Amsterdam.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint is forwarded to Mr. J.P.M. Borsboom or Mr. C.F.W.A. Hamm, who acts as complaints official.
- The complaints official notifies the person to whom the complaint was directed about the fact that the complaint was lodged and gives the complainant and the person who was complained about the opportunity to explain the complaint.
- The person who was complained about seeks to arrive at a solution with the client, either or not after the complaints official intervened.
- The complaints official handles the complaint within four weeks after receipt of the complaint or informs the complainant about a deviation of this term, stating reasons and stating the term within which an opinion about the complaint can be given.
- The complaints official informs the complainant and the person who was complained about of the opinion about the validity of the complaint, either or not accompanied by recommendations.
Article 6 handling complaints free of charge
The complainant does not owe compensation for the costs of the handling of the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints official is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The person who was complained about will keep the complaints official informed about possible contact and a possible solution.
- The complaints official keeps the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints official keeps the complaints file.
Article 8 complaints registration
- The complaints official registers the complaint and the related subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be classified into several subjects.
Complainant and the person who was complained about can deviate from this complaints procedure and submit the complaint directly to the district court with mutual agreement.